Welcome to The Capitol Encore Academy Arts Team!
Arts Schedule for the 2017-2018 School Year:
K-5th Grade students will attend all arts courses during a scheduled period through the year.
6th- 8th Grade students have the opportunity to choose artistic disciplines they wish to explore more intensively through our electives program. More information for the 2017-2018 school year coming soon.
Attendance & Participation:
Participation in arts classes is an integral part of the TCEA
curriculum. All students are expected to be present and participate in
these classes. Attendance is taken for each arts course in addition to the daily school attendance. Participation and regular attendance is vital to student success in the arts courses. Excessive absences/early check-outs from art courses will be reported to administration and may impact the student's grade. Please see the Student and Parent Handbook for the full TCEA attendance policy.
Communication Policy: Arts staff will response to messages/calls within a 48 hour response - or the following school day if Friday/Holiday (per the school-wide communication policy.) The primary means of communication is through ClassDojo, Please contact arts staff in advance to schedule an appointment to meet in person.
Arts Specialists will post individual grading policies, categories, and methods on their website and will updates grades weekly.
Grading Scale: per the TCEA Student and Family Handbook
Kindergarten through third grade will utilize the mastery of standards key:
4 - Exceeding standards
3 - Meeting standards
2 - Progressing toward standards
1 - Limited or no progress towards standards
Fourth through sixth grade will utilize the school Academic Key:
F - 59 and below
- Homework may be assigned as needed for individual arts courses to reinforce skills and concepts.
- Students will record any assignments, and pending tests, performances and events in their planner
- Study Guides or other resources will be provided for any tests/quizzes 1-2 weeks prior. Tests will not be given without a study guide.
- If homework/study guide is assigned, arts specialist will do their best to communicate with the classroom teacher, so this information can be included in classroom communication that they send home.
- Homework will be due by a specific due date, but may be submitted early to the art specialist’s mailbox..
- Late Homework: may be accepted for partial credit under the discretion of the individual art specialist.
Make-up Work for Excused Absences:
- An excused absence requires a doctor’s note.
- Students with excused absences will have one week to make-up work from the student's return.
- After one week, make-up work will not be accepted.
No Rescue Policy:
The No Rescue Policy from the TCEA Student Handbook applies for all arts courses.
- All TCEA expectations, procedures and guidelines for Respectful, Responsible and Resourceful Chameleons apply to arts courses.
- The Arts courses will follow the school PBIS policy.
- The Arts Team will use ClassDojo, connected to your student's classroom teacher.to communication behavior. Follow instructions from your classroom teacher to use ClassDojo. The Arts Team will be connected automatically.
- If you do not not have access to ClassDojo, please contact the Arts Specialist through written communication in the student planner.
The Capitol Encore Academy Arts Team:
Trish Brownlee, Visual Arts & Chair email@example.com
Brian Adam Kline, Theatre & Film
Jarae Payton, Music
Kalo Haslem, STEAM
Ebony Norris, Dance